Turmeric is another amazing herb/superfood that has been used for over 2,500 years for many health conditions.
The recent TV Show, Today Tonight, in Australia has shown that Turmeric is a Super Food and should be ingested daily to maintain good health.
It has many uses in traditional medicines such as:
1. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties it is a must for those with Arthritis and Rheumatoid arthrititis
2. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimers by removing amyloyd plaque build up in the brain
3. It is a natural liver detoxifier
4. In China it is used for depression
5. It is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor
6. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management
7. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent so is useful in disinfecting cuts and burns
8. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodelling of damaged skin.
9. Has been used for Psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions
Promising studies are also underway on the effects of Turmeric on various types of cancer, however, it is too early to predict the outcome.